Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

Was asked to play the very last Cherry Beach of the year on Monday, Labor Day (or Labour Day). Don't know the time slot exactly, but was told it's be late afternoon or early evening.

You can get general info & signup for email newsletter at: http://www.ILovePromise.com

Here is the info from the facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=promise+cherry+beach+&init=quick#/group.php?gid=2362078059&ref=search&sid=1263411815.2471943855..1

Promise Cherry Beach Double Dip - Sunday AND Monday this Labour Day weekend!

As the sun finally shines warm and glorious, we invite you to the beach for the last weekend of the Cherry Beach season. Traditionally it’s a selection of some favourite djs from past Sundays this summer, and also some that we didn’t get a chance to bring down to the beach already but are really looking forward to. And this time round we’re doing it 2 days in a row. Come enjoy...

this Sunday AND Monday, September 6 and 7th
promise cherry beach double dip sunday and monday afternoon soundsystem

Bring a frisbee, bring a kite, bring a handy sweater, bring a dog (only nice dogs), bring your lover and a hammock. And pass the time on this lazy sunny Sunday and Monday afternoon with friends and friends of friends.

SUNDAY 3 to 10pm:
eric (our gate and security guy)
sidenote
cosmic cat
leelee mishi
ray vincent
nerd alert from the circus

MONDAY 3 to 11pm:
chocolate and patrick roots (with baby judah)
polyphonic (michael thompson)
baby joel smye
mike tull
samba elegua
oracle (from buffalo)
nacho lovers
kash, koen and cee cee cox

East end of the park - follow along the bike path east from the parking lot and look for the massive hydro smokestack, we’re right there. It’s about a 10 minute walk from the lot.

cheers,
David and Irving

Some other stuff:

If you’re wondering why Cherry Beach is finishing at 10pm on Sunday it’s because we’re packing up and heading to Footwork to catch last call and the phenomenal Speedy J, alongside Greg Gow and Jamie Kidd. Alex and Jeremy from Platform are offering reduced guestlist by going to http://www.platforment.com/guestlist. $15 with reduced guestlist, $25 otherwise. Footwork’s at 425 Adelaide St West, at the corner of Brant, and run by our awesome friends Steph and Joel. Highly recommended.

Also on Sunday is the last of the milk,, Movement, Garage416 and Brooks’ series at Sunnyside Pavillion. It’s a lovely space and djing will be Felix and Gani, Jason Palma, John Kong, dj Nav, Blueprint and Ali Black. Lots and lots of vocal, jazzy house. $15 before midnight, more after. Sunnyside’s at 1755 Lakeshore Blvd West, just west of the Ex on the south side of the street.

Coming up on Thanksgiving, Montana and Fox Jones (our hosts of Harvest Festival from 2004 to 2006 on their farm near Peterborough) invite you to join them for a field to table celebration with Chef Jamie Kennedy. Several celebrated chefs will be cooking up a feast this Saturday October 10th. The menu will be fresh, seasonal and unforgettable, including specialty heritage and heirloom ingredients grown right on Montana and Fox’s farm. More details at http://www.wholearth.com

Justin, David and Irving and a group of gung-ho volunteers (Graham, Sean, Michlynn, Angela, Ryan, Nikki, Phil, Jill, Hannah and Micheal) just got back from working on the land at Midlothian Castle, getting it ready for this year’s Harvest Festival. With the tractor stuck in the mud, we had to haul away 15 massive tree trunks, roots and all, by rope and hand to clear the new location of the techno tent in the forest. It was backbreaking work and really made us appreciate our pioneer ancestors who cleared whole fields with nothing but themselves and maybe a horse. Early bird tickets for Harvest are available in stores until Friday September 11th, and then regular advance tickets up until the weekend of the festival September 25, 26 and 27th. There’s lots more details at http://www.harvestfestival.org. Come help with the set up over the next couple of weeks and enrich your festival experience by contacting volunteer@harvestfestival.org - it’s hardy and rewarding outdoor work, and then we relax with cold beers and a feast of good food around the campfire at the end of each day.

Keep the faith

Last edited by Christian on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:08 pm 
Site Moderator

Mark it, dude!   :supz:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:55 pm 

I'll see you there, bruv!

藏龍臥虎 - talented individuals in hiding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:16 pm 

I'm off work at 8... so i'll be there after sun down. I'll try to find you guys.

Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn pictures? - Hunter S. Tesseract

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:12 pm 

I thought Cherry Beach was on Monday this weekend,  no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

Jen wrote:
I thought Cherry Beach was on Monday this weekend,  no?

It's possible....I haven't seen any details yet via facebook group, Ilovepromise.com, or the newsletter....can you provide a link?

Keep the faith

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:51 pm 

Only the word of Sarah and Holly and Boris too and past experience with 3 day weekends.  I have not had luck with any of Promise's normal routes of information distribution. :-)

Last edited by Jen on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

Apparently they are doing Cherry Beach on both days!!!

I was just informed I'm playing Monday....

Keep the faith

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:04 pm 

Both? Craziness!

Still... I'll be there on Monday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:19 pm 
Site Admin

If the lineup is in order, which I suspect it is, I should be playing at 8 PM...

Keep the faith

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:47 am 

Nice time as always... good way to close out the summer.

Still... I'm not a fan of the new location. It at times gives me a clausto feeling.  Nevertheless, the lack of sand makes it easier to get around.

Blanket... You've finally popped your Cherry... Beach. ;)

Congrats.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]